Sunday, January 24, 2016

I WANT RENEWED


I want God to deliver me!  I want to be renewed this year.  I want God to change my emotions, attitudes, and patterns of thought.  I want Him to take all of the pain endured the last couple of years and turn them into beautiful praise for Him!  I want Him to pour out His Spirit upon me and make my heart open to receive all He has for me.  I want Him to make my mind clear so I can better understand His Word.  I am humbly asking Him to refresh, enrich, enlighten, free, fulfill, and HEAL me.  That He will breathe life into the dead areas of my existence.  That He will infuse me with His power and His JOY!  I am asking Him to fill my empty places, liberate me from bondage, take away my fears and doubts, grow my faith, and give me the pearl of great price: PEACE.

For now, I am praising and worshipping Him, no petitions, just that He would do a mighty work in me!  Simply  basking in His love and tenderness for me.  My heart wants to express my utter dependence on Him, my total submission to Him.   David spoke of praising God constantly.  He said, "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." Psalm 34:1.  I want to do this, I want this great blessing.  I want to really seek the LORD my God, and I am told in His Word that if I seek Him with all my heart and with all of my soul I will find Him.  I want this!  My spirit is longing for Him in a new way! John 4:23 tells me, "The hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him".  He wants to reveal Himself, His glory, and His power to those who look to Him.  What a treasure, I want this treasure!  My heart and my spirit are longing for Him to fill it.

I am asking God to revive me, to ignite my God-given passion for HIM!  I want Him to be my focus and experience His love so abundantly!  When I am praising God, the tornados of life will still swirl around me, but I believe that I will see God move on my behalf.  I understand the hidden power of praise.  It's not me saying, "I'll give it everything I've got, and the Lord will bless it," but rather it's the Lord saying, "You just bless My name, and I'll give it everything I have."  It's His character.  He wants my love and my worship and praise, oh He deserves this and so much more.  In only Praise and Worship of Him, this is my dwelling place for now.  I want His kindling afresh and His JOY overflowing!  "As the deer panteth after water, so my soul panteth after You!


 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
 I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”   Psalm 91:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment